Class 02 - Week 10: Describing Poses and Rotating Bodies

/
0 Comments
Hey! This time I will adress two issues! Let's see...

Describing Poses:


I was thinking to do some pose to talk about when I came across this picture by Michael D. Mattesi. Previously has been said about the possible ways to get into a final pose, right?

"And what does it matter now?"

Animating a full body, it's essential to choose your key-poses, lest it becomes unknowable. So, whey you choose your key-poses, think about it:

- They must show the beginning and the end of an action;
- Change of an action;
- Change in characters thought  the process.

One more reason (or many...?) to doodle enough before sitting in front of the computer. What you should do in the thumbnails:

Pose 1: Describing the beginning of an action;
Pose 2: Describes the end of an action;
Pose 3: Describes change of an action (action coming to a rest);
Pose 4: Complete the action and show the final moment.

Rotating Bodies:


During my 3rd exercise in this class, I met the difficulty of caring the body rotation, and how this influences the dynamics of the scene.

Previously I posted a drawing of a baseball player to talk about torso. To rotate it right, you must know where to start your action. In this case, I was simulating a throwing of the shovel. That is: (a) I start the action by hand, (b) and then the shoulders, (c) chest, (d) belly, (e) waist...
It's always good you try to reproduce the actions to understand the mechanics. In this case, my waist was rotated to one direction, while the upper body to another.



A friend did this thumbs to help me to understand the intent of direction. Is almost like a tail! First he shows up the hands and goes to the award. When the hands are already in the hole, the feet are still walking in the air.

That's it for now :).


You may also like

No comments:

Lucas Degani. Powered by Blogger.